Banner Image

Co-Create CO-CREATE FOSI AUDIO MASTER PSU

joqueval

Hello friends.

FOSI AUDIO MASTER PSU

This would be another of the proposals for development.
Currently, practically all Fosi Audio power products have an external power supply.
This external power supply has a considerable size, for example the 48V and 10 A ones.
I propose the development of a master power supply with the capacity to power several devices.
This power supply, having a higher power requirement, would also be of a larger size.
Perhaps the size could be 1 rack unit high and 19" or 435 mm format.
It would have a main toroidal transformer and perhaps a secondary one.
This unit would allow 4 V3-ZA3 type units to be powered by an individual link cable.
It would also have 2 12V outputs that could have another lower power supply for P3 type devices.
Optionally, it would have 2 3A USB connection units to power auxiliary devices.

On the front there would be a screen with information on the consumption of the devices and total load.
The option of consulting through APP would also be valuable, allowing the consumption of each output and history of use to be known.

This unit would allow reducing the space and placement of independent PSU and would also serve as a filter to eliminate parasites from the electrical network.
Regards

Hello, good idea on paper but 4xZa3 = 20A at max volume, without counting USB and 12v inputs.
It will cost something serious.

Hello, good idea on paper but 4xZa3 = 20A at max volume, without counting USB and 12v inputs.
It will cost something serious.
That would be a maximum consumption of the system.
That's why I would bet on a toroidal transformer and a good power reserve.
Something similar to this power supply system.
In practice the size could be 3 FOSI 48V PSUs
I would like to prepare a sketch if it is an idea that interests you.
Regards

Attachments

• JOQUEVAL-PSUx4.jpg
    JOQUEVAL-PSUx4.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 3
https://eu.mouser.com/ProductDetail/MEAN-WELL/UHP-1000-48?qs=3HJ2avRr9PIVsZNaDkpWbw==

You can add smaller ones for 5 and 12V rail. Put everything on a 19" rack tray or case then it's a done deal. Cheap and efficient.
Now you can see where does my modular setup coming from https://community.fosiaudio.com/threads/modular-multi-channel-amplifier.133/
Congratulations on the installation and the order of the configuration
The PSU proposal is focused on that line, but being independent as a unit.

In the end, the good thing about globalization is to cross ideas, who would say about 15 years ago that we would be crossing ideas between clients and manufacturers practically in real time along with the launch of products.

Currently in the desktop configuration I have a network filter where I connect a 12V power supply and the PSUs of the independent ZA3s, all of that takes up more than 1 U of rack space.
In the studio where I have the Technichs and the mixing desk, the sources go to a network filter and the power stages are also independent.
Greetings

Back