Banner Image

Co-Create Co-create FOSI AUDIO MATRIX

joqueval

Hello friends.
Another idea for a new product would be the Fosi Audio Matrix.
In many configurations we share devices or we find ourselves with the need to have the same signal for several devices.
On the one hand we would find a digital section with digital A/V inputs and HDMI 4K-8K connection (120 HZ), it could be composed of 2-3 INPUTS and 2-3 outputs.
The inputs and outputs could be addressed and in turn allow audio to be extracted from the HDMI signal.
In the digital audio section the same criteria would be applied 2- coaxial and 2 optical inputs, which would also allow the signal to be directed.
In the analog part 2- inputs that would allow the signal to be sent to 2-3 outputs allowing the signal to be assigned to each output or the signal to be duplicated or tripled for several devices.
It would be a concentrator, hub, signal switch for systems that would allow connections to be centralized, reducing the number of cables.
Management could be by remote control or through an APP that shows the route that the signal follows.
For example, it would be used for PS5 Image connections, linking directly to the audio system, TV box, etc...
Regards

Hello friends.

I present the proposal for the rear connections.
All digital inputs could be interlinked with each other since conversions would not have to be performed.
In the case of HDMI, above all, the option of audio extraction or image output routing could be used.
For the analog option, two options are proposed:
1 Only work as an audio splitter, replicating the input signal without losses.
2 Possibility of performing a conversion with an ESS 9038MQ2 of the digital outputs, although this would be a secondary option since it would then become a DAC

The size would be in line with the size of the ZA3 and ZD3

I hope you like it

FOSI AUDIO - MATRIX-JOQUEVAL.jpg

Hello friends.

I present the proposal for the rear connections.
All digital inputs could be interlinked with each other since conversions would not have to be performed.
In the case of HDMI, above all, the option of audio extraction or image output routing could be used.
For the analog option, two options are proposed:
1 Only work as an audio splitter, replicating the input signal without losses.
2 Possibility of performing a conversion with an ESS 9038MQ2 of the digital outputs, although this would be a secondary option since it would then become a DAC

The size would be in line with the size of the ZA3 and ZD3

I hope you like it

View attachment 321
I like the proposal...that would work perfectly with my system...I would only add a pair of balanced outputs.

I like the proposal...that would work perfectly with my system...I would only add a pair of balanced outputs.
Hello. The idea of balanced outputs would be a good option, in this proposal due to size I discarded them because they did not have the necessary space.
If the idea goes ahead it could be considered and perhaps instead of XLR use TRS, although I prefer XLR.
Regards

Hello.
This is an initial approach, which may vary depending on the needs.
Depending on the configuration of each user, in some cases they may need a different type of input or output.
In any configuration do you need to duplicate the signal or use devices with common connections?
Regards

Hello friends.
Another idea for a new product would be the Fosi Audio Matrix.
In many configurations we share devices or we find ourselves with the need to have the same signal for several devices.
On the one hand we would find a digital section with digital A/V inputs and HDMI 4K-8K connection (120 HZ), it could be composed of 2-3 INPUTS and 2-3 outputs.
The inputs and outputs could be addressed and in turn allow audio to be extracted from the HDMI signal.
In the digital audio section the same criteria would be applied 2- coaxial and 2 optical inputs, which would also allow the signal to be directed.
In the analog part 2- inputs that would allow the signal to be sent to 2-3 outputs allowing the signal to be assigned to each output or the signal to be duplicated or tripled for several devices.
It would be a concentrator, hub, signal switch for systems that would allow connections to be centralized, reducing the number of cables.
Management could be by remote control or through an APP that shows the route that the signal follows.
For example, it would be used for PS5 Image connections, linking directly to the audio system, TV box, etc...
Regards
Thank you for your creativity. It's a great idea. I wonder what kind of equipment your system has? Are you going to use it in your TV system?

Thank you for your creativity. It's a great idea. I wonder what kind of equipment your system has? Are you going to use it in your TV system?
Hello.
I would mainly focus on the TV room, but it is also valid for the music room or office.

Currently in the TV section I have the following devices:
TV
PS5-PS4-PS3
Mini-PC with HDMI connection (Intel N100)
FIRE-TV
Streammer/DAC
DAC
AVR
Connections to passive and active speakers and subwoofer

With these devices you can make different combinations but sometimes, for example, you don't want to use the AVR to centralize everything and you prefer to use only a pair of stereo speakers.

With an audio matrix like the one proposed you could easily route the signals to the chosen devices.

A typical connection that I often use is:
TV connected to DAC via optical fiber and connected via HDMI to the AVR.
If I want stereo music I use an optical connection and if I need multi-channel sound I use HDMI, for TV-PS5-MINI-PC,

This transferred to the desktop listening area, for example, raises similar cases, where you have a DAC connected to a PC or audio interfaces.
Regards.

Back