Banner Image

Headphone output from Box X4

Mark F

I just installed a system consisting of a Fosi BT20A PRO, a Dual CS 616 Q turntable and a Fosi Box X4 phono preamp with headphone output. With my 8” three way speakers, when playing a record, the sound is amazing, as is the sound through my Stenheiser headphones with the turntable as the source. However, when I use a Bluetooth connection from my iPhone as the audio source, there is little to no volume through the headphones, although the sound from the speakers is still great. Is there a way to connect the BT20A PRO to the X4 (eg., pre out to line in) so the headphones will produce proper sound with the iPhone via the BT20A PRO amplifier as the audio source?

I just installed a system consisting of a Fosi BT20A PRO, a Dual CS 616 Q turntable and a Fosi Box X4 phono preamp with headphone output. With my 8” three way speakers, when playing a record, the sound is amazing, as is the sound through my Stenheiser headphones with the turntable as the source. However, when I use a Bluetooth connection from my iPhone as the audio source, there is little to no volume through the headphones, although the sound from the speakers is still great. Is there a way to connect the BT20A PRO to the X4 (eg., pre out to line in) so the headphones will produce proper sound with the iPhone via the BT20A PRO amplifier as the audio source?
Update. Fosi support answered my question and it worked perfectly. Connected BT20 A PRO amp Pre Out to Box X4 phono/headphone preamp Line In. Can now use headphones for any source to amp. Will add a speaker cut out switch for headphone only listening, and a 1-2 audio selector to switch amp Pre Out between active subwoofer and pre amp Line In for headphones.

Back