Banner Image

MC351 vs. BT20A Pro (Amplifier Comparison Test and Review)

Slusarz

I just received my new Fosi Audio MC351 Amplifier, and I decided to write a review on it, and compare it to my other Fosi Audio Amplifiers. I’d like to say when Class-D amplifiers first came out, they were terrible compared to the old school Class AB amplifiers, but the table has definitely turned, now you get way more bang for you buck with these Fosi Amps.

Also, you will get way more sound out of boxed car speakers vs. bookshelf speakers at the same price. So, here is my computer stereo line up; (1) 10 inch Sundown boxed and not vented Subwoofer, (4) 6.5 inch CDT boxed and not vented coaxial speakers. My subwoofer and handle 500 watts, and coaxial speakers can handle 120 watts each.

Currently, I am using the Fosi Audio BT20A Pro Amplifier to power my (4) coaxial speakers and the Fosi Audio TP-02 Subwoofer Amplifier. Now, you might thinking; that’s a nice computer stereo setup, but what you don’t know, this is pumping out over 500 watts of power, if I play it after dark at full power, the cops will be banging on my door. The THD and SNR are beyond fantastic, crisp clean highs, without listening fatigue, great mid-range, and perfect bass. If I had to duplicate this sound quality 20 years ago, it would cost at least $3,000.

20240718_211414.jpg

20240718_211440.jpg

20240718_211510.jpg

20240719_143201.jpg

Now, it’s time to hook up the MC351 and give it a test run, and a comparison analysis.

20240719_142724.jpg

Wow! the winner is the MC351 and I’ll tell you why; It cranks out 165Wx2 plus 350W to the subwoofer, and the real winning factor is the built in DAC, and the Digital to Audio Converter takes my digital music, and makes it sound like I just put a needle to the album, SUPER REALISTIC SOUND.

If you want top quality simplicity, this is the amp for you, the only downside is it doesn’t have separate Subwoofer Volume and Subwoofer Frequency controls, so if you are playing classic rock, jazz, blues, then this is the perfect amp for you. If you want heavy bass from rap and heavy metal music, then I would pick an amp with the separate Subwoofer Volume and Subwoofer Frequency controls.

FINAL NOTE: Do the buy the 32V/5A Power Supply, spend the extra money and get the 48V GaN Power Supply, it increased the sound quality by 20% and increased the wattage output by 30%.

John Slusarz

20240719_142745.jpg

Back