Banner Image

Co-Create Modular Multi-channel Amplifier

fercsa

I propose a modular multi-channel amplifier. I think Fosi should do what his doing the best, amplification.

Main idea coming from: The current designs of Fosi amps are fit in a 1U rack easily. Actually you can put 6 of them on a 1U server rack tray if you dont need volume control. First of all it would be nice to have a official 1U case or tray to mount 3 Fosi amp horizontally.
The current amps are very easy to take it apart since we have op-amp rolling. It would be super easy to make an 1U faceplate what we can mount between the amp's faceplate and the aluminium body. Even vertically you could do much more probably 10 units! That's 20 channels! Most hardcore HT user would be satisfied for sure. Also with removable rackmount ears it would make it acceptable for hifi people since it could fit in a hifi rack nicely.

Of course you can design a brand you new modular amp from the ground up with a big common PSU. It's up to you but my proposed idea would work with the current V3, V3 mono, ZA3 lines.

Currently I have a setup with three V3 (stereo) that's 6 channels. I'm going to post a picture later on which can give you some ideas.

Last edited:
IMG_5127.jpg

In this setup there are three V3 stereo facing backwards since I dont need volume control on the units. Everything on a 1U tray including PSUs and my audio interface/preamp.

Back