Banner Image

Amplifier V3 Monoblock with PFFB Implementation is Coming!

This is indeed exciting news, the ZA3‘s have already been so highly praised on the net so I can‘t wait to hear what FOSI will bring to the table with these new V3 Monoblocks and also the 48v/10A PS. Well done FOSI, you really are pushing new boundaries.

That introduction to the "V3 Mono" product with PFFB posted to me led to some unexpected messages, which still i.e were addressing the SK02, which I bought already on Amazon.de...
Other responses of mine to those notifications / news led to "nothing" (Kickstarter) or got lost somehow / ended in "nowhere land".

Keen to try these with diy electrostatic builds. I have various ab and d class amps to compare these with so can't wait to get my hands on a pair.

The first review of the V3 Mono unlocked! Check the measurement by AudioScienceReview right away!

Am I right to say there is basically still a pre-amplication stage in the V3 mono. Just no volume attenuator, but the op-amps will pre-amp the signal to the chip.

This is exciting and I'm looking forward to the launch. Can you tell me about the audio detection circuit? It puts the amps into standby after 10min but does it also take them back into "on" after detecting a signal? Is there a lag and if so how long? Is there a threshold that the signal must exceed for it to work? Thanks!

Dear @Fosi Audio Team ,

I'm an audio engineer-technician-enthusiast and came here via the AudioScienceReview (ASR) Forum.

I'm currently an owner of your ZA3 amplifier and as a first-time Fosi customer... I am already quite impressed by this model. The inclusion of XLR/TRS inputs, and the ability to upgrade the Op-Amps convinced me to make the purchase. Balanced inputs are more-or-less a requirement for professional/studio use-cases. Op-Amp rolling is a very fun and cool way for 'audiophiles' to tune the sound as they like. So, I wish your products great success to getting into the professional and audiophile markets :). Anyway...

I was waiting patiently and looking very forward to your implementation of PFFB, and the possible development of a 48v/10a power supply. From the measurements currently available, it seems like you have done a great job!

For your new V3 Mono Kickstarter, I noticed that there is no option to order two (2) or more 48v/10a power supplies at the same time. IMHO, the availability of this new power supply is really really cool. I have been looking for such a power supply for months TBH. For obsessed audio enthusiasts like me who prefer/insist to over-spec power, such a power supply is a dream come true.

So it would be great if Kickstarter buyers could add additional power supplies to their order. This would simplify the ordering process and require only one order and delivery.

As an aside:

Ultimately, I would use one (1) 48v/10a power supply per amp AND upgrade the 48v/5a power supply for my ZA3 as well. (It doesn't matter if people say there is no point, I would still do it).

My ultimate goal will be to horizontally bi-amp my top speakers with four (4) mono amps which their own power supplies, and use my ZA3 to power my subwoofer(s). Bi-amping is a really cool thing to do with your V3 Mono and I am looking forward to trying out this setup.

Thank you for the ZA3 and looking forward to your V3 Mono!

Hi,As I've mentioned in my previous messages, I have a hobby related to music, both as a listener and as a musician. I play the piano and have a small home recording studio. Currently, I use a professional Apollo audio interface from Universal Audio, to which I have connected two active Adam Audio monitors with balanced cables.

This V3 mono, besides its appreciable characteristics for hi-fi systems, seems to open a window for home recording studios as well. These studios could directly utilize the excellent passive speakers they already own without needing to purchase separate powered speakers. 2 V3 mono amplifiers with PFFB implementation, connected via XLR, with their unaltered sound, would indeed allow direct monitoring of a professional audio interface while maintaining pure sound quality.

So it would be great if Kickstarter buyers could add additional power supplies to their order. This would simplify the ordering process and require only one order and delivery.
Thank you for your great advice. We'll provide the option to add additional PSUs as you suggested. 😁

Hi,As I've mentioned in my previous messages, I have a hobby related to music, both as a listener and as a musician. I play the piano and have a small home recording studio. Currently, I use a professional Apollo audio interface from Universal Audio, to which I have connected two active Adam Audio monitors with balanced cables.

This V3 mono, besides its appreciable characteristics for hi-fi systems, seems to open a window for home recording studios as well. These studios could directly utilize the excellent passive speakers they already own without needing to purchase separate powered speakers. 2 V3 mono amplifiers with PFFB implementation, connected via XLR, with their unaltered sound, would indeed allow direct monitoring of a professional audio interface while maintaining pure sound quality.
Yes, we believe the V3 mono will provide many possibilities for music listeners and musicians.;)

Bonjour FOSI et bravo pour l'idée de la V3 mono !
Qu'est-il possible d'utiliser comme OP-AMP, voyant que vous avez mis une possibilité de changement de cette puce ?
VIVEMENT LE 20 AVRIL!!!

Bonjour FOSI et bravo pour l'idée de la V3 mono !
Qu'est-il possible d'utiliser comme OP-AMP, voyant que vous avez mis une possibilité de changement de cette puce ?
VIVEMENT LE 20 AVRIL!!!
Bonjour, le V3 Mono prend en charge les amplificateurs opérationnels doubles discrets en boîtier DIP8, tels que le Sparkos SS3602, le MUSES02, l'OPA2604, et d'autres.

Glad to see the Kickstarter offer underway!
But is there no way to pledge for 2 units with no power supplies???
Do I have to pledge twice to accomplish this?

UPDATE: All pledged up for the V3 Mono's! Turns out there was no option to order two bare units with no power supplies. So I had to choose the option WITH power supplies. Since I'm planning to replace my current ZA3's with the Mono's, I don't really need new power supplies. Oh, well.

Last edited:
Well, that's me all signed up for 2xV3 Mono's and 2x48v PSU's.
What I need now is a matching, good quality, RCA to XLR line level converter box.
Then my miniDSP 2x4HD - which only has 2V RCA outputs - could take advantage of the 4v XLR inputs on the Mono's.

Addendum:
I No longer have a need for any kind of RCA/XLR converter!
I have bit the bullet and updated my miniDSP 2x4 HD to the balanced version of the miniDSP Flex.
I will now be able to hit that much vaunted 100 dB SINAD figure!

Last edited:
Back