Banner Image

ZA3 Mono Mode Sub Out

psylence

Hello! I have two Fosi ZA3 in mono mode and I want to connect a subwoofer (Rel Quake) that has 1-RCA low level connection and Speakon high level connection. How should I do that?

Ideally you would run the sub of a pre-amp. You could use one of the ZA 3's sub outs of course but then you will miss a channel (low frequency is usually on both channels so it shouldn't matter much). Or you could use the speaker level inputs so from Both ZA3's into the sub and then to your speakers. The advantage of that is that your sub can filter the lows the sub handles from the signal so your speakers will have cleaner mid range. Disadvantage is much more speaker cable is needed.

Ideally you would run the sub of a pre-amp. You could use one of the ZA 3's sub outs of course but then you will miss a channel (low frequency is usually on both channels so it shouldn't matter much). Or you could use the speaker level inputs so from Both ZA3's into the sub and then to your speakers. The advantage of that is that your sub can filter the lows the sub handles from the signal so your speakers will have cleaner mid range. Disadvantage is much more speaker cable is needed.
Thanks for answer! Connected through RCA-RCA to sub out, works great!

Thanks for answer! Connected through RCA-RCA to sub out, works great!
Hello , I know this is old but I was wondering ,are you running an RCA cable from the sub out from both amps into an adapter and connecting to the low level input or are you only running a cable from the sub out from one amp?

Last edited:
Hello , I know this is old but I was wondering ,are you running an RCA cable from the sub out from both amps into an adapter and connecting to the low level input or are you only running a cable from the sub out from one amp?
Hi! I connected the subwoofer to the sub out of one of the amplifiers. The low frequency information is usually the same for the left and right channels, so there is no difference.

Back