Banner Image

All Products

TheDigitalMage

My OPINIONS on your amps are based in my experience, and my expectations, of course.

Why would you even offer a 5A power supply? That really shoots you in the foot! But it seems to be part of a 'trend.' Your plug for the power is hard to find and it is WIMPY. The wires from the power plug to the amp board are smaller than the wires to the speaker terminals? Why? You seem to be protecting the amps from delivering anything even close to your claims?

I simply laid an old cooling fan on top of your amp. I proceeded to run the (ahem) out of it for a test - much louder than I would ever do, except for the test. It didn't even get WARM... You could easily offer a quiet fan as an accessory or, better yet, just build a fan into your amps. From my experience (A3) you need not worry...

There is a problem with your frequency response. It gains on top and the base rolls off steeply, on the sub-bass. I believe the bass is the product of the amps being starved for power. The 12.5a supply made an audible difference. Is this the product of the amp chip? I can hardly believe that... Or of the op-amp you chose? Again, it can be fixed, unless it is the product of the chip?

You say you want to play the audiophile game. But every spec you publish is quickly exposed by every review. That makes you look like some vendor of cheap Chinese junk! There's nothing wrong with your real specs, especially at the price! So why? I'd say almost everyone who considers your amps reds at least one review... BUSTED!

Fosi is a company started on a shoestring. They cut some corners, at first. When they got some $$$ rolling, all that changed. Now their specs are real and their amps are flat - 10 - 50KhZ - just like the rest. Usually, when you pay less, you get less. Not this time :)

Back