Banner Image

Co-Create Co-create desktop amplifier

antalistvan1968

Co-Create desktop amplifier

Hi everyone!

Many people use normal-sized instruments in hi-fi and, despite the high quality, still refrain from the mini size. This tool can also be a way. No serious development is necessary, because two v3 monoblocks can be installed in a larger box. The two 10a psu should be included in the box. Not with one psu and distributor and filter, but two psu.. good separation is important. Of course, the input and speaker connectors would be on the back. the 230V power connector should be the only one and the power would be distributed from there to the two 10a units. from then on everything would be as if the two separate monoblocs were out. Many people complain about the heat, so the two v3 panels must be mounted on two large cooling fins inside the device, and the grid must be placed on top of the device in the rear third or on the roof on both sides, depending on the location. installation, below and above the two v3 panels, or just a series of vents, which should not be small for good ventilation. do not put the ventilation on the side, because the heat rises from the bottom up, it is easiest if you use passive cooling. I would replace the speaker connectors on the back with larger ones. The connector on the current v3 is very small, more suitable for office or bookshelf speakers. For those using a clamp connector, the current one is uncomfortably small. The power and input switches on the front panel must not be switched separately. Only one common on/off switch should be automatic and one common xlr/rca switch. It should be bigger and better quality than the current v3 switches. You can choose a large knob (min. 6...7cm diameter) linear stereo potentiometer and two large vu meters. on the front panel, the placement is from left to right.. power off, large left vu large volume control large right vu meter, input selector. the remote control is optional, but it wouldn't be useless either.. the op amps could be oracle II 02. then it would be a very good sound. this device can easily be integrated into the system of those who like normal-sized hi-fi systems.

Good afternoon!
It seems like a very accurate description to me.
I only disagree on the size of the volume knob. 5 cm in diameter seems reasonable to me. And it would be non-infinite rotation, with a silkscreen that indicates the volume level.

thanks for the feedback! I was definitely thinking of a normal volume control. that's why I wrote that linear should be included. I think the size of the button, if we take into account that we are not talking about a slim or mini amplifier, but a normal hi-fi size. it is about 434 mm wide and 13 cm high, and the two vu meters are also quite large, so the diameter I suggested is not much. it's good to have something proportionally placed on the front panel. of course your suggestion also works. I forgot to write down the volume level scale. thank you for writing.

Back