Banner Image

Co-Create Co-Create: ZI3 Integrated Amplifier (2.1 Channel Amp)

TECHCheck

I want to help in the development of the Fosi Audio ZI3 an innovative 2.1 channel INTEGRATED amplifier that combines the best features of Fosi Audio’s ZA3 Amplifier and ZD3 DACmodels, into one chassis designed for both desktop and wall-mount setups (for behind wall-mount TV's)

Features:
  • Amplifier Chip: TPA3255 for high efficiency and low distortion.
  • DAC: SABRE chip, ensuring high-quality digital-to-analog conversion (chip selection to be finalized by Fosi Audio).
  • Connectivity: HDMI ARC, Optical, Coax, USB, RCA analog inputs.
  • Outputs: Speaker binding posts, Subwoofer RCA output with auto-sense (activating a high-pass filter on the 2channel amp).
  • Auto Input Sensing: Powers down after 30 minutes of inactivity and auto-powers on when an input is detected.
  • Swappable Op-Amps: For sound customization.
  • Cooling: Passive cooling fins and side vents, with a wall mount bracket design that ensures vents remain unobstructed.
  • 3.5mm IR Target: For external remote control functionality when hidden behind a TV.
  • Design: Dog-bone front panel (circa V3Mono / ZD3) with a volume/power knob and OLED display, in line with Fosi Audio’s signature aesthetic.
  • Power Supply: External, for easy upgrade
Design Rationale:
  • The ZI3 is designed to fill a gap for users seeking a versatile amp that integrates modern digital connectivity while offering high-quality analog sound and easy customization through swappable Op-Amps and selectable DACs.
  • The amp’s compact and stylish design makes it ideal for both desktop setups and hidden installations behind TVs, with thoughtful cooling features to ensure reliability.

Personally, I would buy it without hesitation. A worthy contender to Bluesound's PowerNode (but cheaper, right?)
Perhaps double mono configuration to ensure a relatively high power level.

Personally, I would buy it without hesitation. A worthy contender to Bluesound's PowerNode (but cheaper, right?)
Perhaps double mono configuration to ensure a relatively high power level.
Or the amp offers 1 x stereo and 1 x mono for sub, to keep the price down.

Or the amp offers 1 x stereo and 1 x mono for sub, to keep the price down.
Hello, Qozzie
I don't see much use case for it. I don't think there are many people who use passive subwoofers. And those that do, I imagine they have a dedicated amplifier.
I would really prefer a device with a good amount of power for each channel, left and right.

Back