Banner Image

First impression after 30 minutes of listening to the new V3 in dual version.

Massimo

Before diving into the details, I want to immediately share my first impressions of the new Mono V3 amplifiers from Fosi Audio. I received them this afternoon in a dual configuration, and I couldn't resist testing them right away. To save time, I didn't connect the included 48/10V split power supply but instead used the two 48V power supplies that I use for my Fosi ZA3.

First impression: the sound is impressive, especially considering the price range. The sound quality is excellent: no background noise or hum, just absolute silence. The sound is crisp, with deep and well-controlled bass, detailed and natural mids, and bright but never overwhelming highs. The frequency response is wide and balanced, resulting in faithful and precise reproduction.

I tested four different types of speakers (B&W, Kef, Wharfedale) on a quick selection of tracks and sources. The amplifiers proved to have enough power to handle even the most complex musical passages, maintaining excellent dynamics and low distortion. Naturally, each type of speaker produces its own unique sound.

The channel separation is excellent, contributing to a well-defined soundstage. This product seems to be a guaranteed success. While I look forward to testing them more thoroughly and comparing them with my ZA3 in dual configuration and with other operational amplifiers, I feel compelled to compliment Fosi Audio and their team for creating such a high-quality product.

P.S. : I've already sold two of my well-known brand amplifiers because they sounded worse than the ZA3.

Similarly good first impression. Put them in place of a pair of ICEpower 300ASC-based monoblocks (also using XLR), driving Revel F206 speakers. Immediately noticed more bass punch, and elimination of a bit of harshness and over-emphasis in higher harmonics, which the PFFB may be a factor in helping with.

Back