Banner Image

Preamp Is there a new preamp coming?

Prisoners

Anyone have any insight on a preamp with balanced outputs (tube preferred!) to match the ZA3? Two line level inputs please, one RCA and one XLR…remote would be nice. Leave off Bluetooth and a DAC, both can handled separately.

Yes, no tubes please. If it came with tubes I simply wouldn't buy it.
But I would want a pair of RCA inputs as well as XLR inputs and outputs.
This would allow me to connect my miniDSP 2x4 HD [RCA outs only] to those nice XLR inputs on the V3 Mono's.

I'm wondering what the projected release date is for the new preamp? I've got a couple of V3 monoblocks coming from the kickstarter and I'm starting to think about a preamp for them. I've got a P3 paired up with the original V3 but would like to go tubeless this time.

Anyone have any insight on a preamp with balanced outputs (tube preferred!) to match the ZA3? Two line level inputs please, one RCA and one XLR…remote would be nice. Leave off Bluetooth and a DAC, both can handled separately.
I second this. I'm using a Muzishare X7 and it would be nice to have an affordable option; but I doubt point-to-point welding is on the list of priorities for Fosi Audio.

Just chiming in to say I'd love to see a preamp with a remote from Fosi Audio, please. A Bluetooth remote rather than an IR remote would of course be pure bliss.

Edit: And a 12v trigger in (or even 12v trigger through!) wouldn't hurt either.

Last edited:
Just chiming in to say I'd love to see a preamp with a remote from Fosi Audio, please. A Bluetooth remote rather than an IR remote would of course be pure bliss.

Edit: And a 12v trigger in (or even 12v trigger through!) wouldn't hurt either.
+1 on the remote and 12V trigger. Must haves.
Definitely agree with a 12v trigger with pass through!
But, in the mean time, if you leave your V3 Mono's in the on position and have them plugged into a smart plugboard, you can remotely control them by voice using Google home or Alexa.
This is more or less how I control my current mono mode ZA3's.
Although I had to add a mains powered 12v trigger device [which plugs into the same smart plugboard] to make this work.

If anyone is interested the 12v trigger - I use an Emotiva ET-3 - is only £49 and readily availible in the UK [as well as the US].

Last edited:
Back