Banner Image

DAC SK02 - Signal noise issues with the AUX out port

Automobili3XF

I just recently found this out, i had gotten the SK02 about a month ago, back then i was using a Loxjie A30 as my speaker amp, and didn't use the AUX out on my SK02, only used itself connected to my computer via USB .
Fast forward to a couple of days ago, i got a ZA3 to serve as a speaker amp, i used a 3.5mm to RCA cable to connect my SK02 AUX out to it, all seemed fine at first, but when i went to play a game, which increased the use of my hardware, i began to hear an electrical noise coming from my speakers, loud enough that i could hear it over the game sound, i checked my connections, made everything was alright, connected the cable to the frontal 3.5mm connector instead, and the noise was damn near gone, i could only hear it at the very end of the volume spectrum on the ZA3, which i will never, ever reach during normal usage, then i put a Moondrop Dawn Pro dongle DAC in place of the SK02, and sure enough, the results were the same, noise only on the very end of the spectrum.
Any idea as to why this is happening only on the AUX out? Could my unit be defective?

Also, a question, why is the AUX out not a line-level output? I find it to be certainly annoying that i have to max the volume on the unit to have a line-level volume on the AUX out...

Hello. I just tried the aux output ok SK02 with both windows and mac changing the PCM setting and 3 amplifiers, a BT20 PRO, a V3 and an audiolab 9000A and I didn't detect any noise. Although the noise has almost disappeared in the front input, have you tried changing the cable? As for the low volume, have you tried selecting the H below the gain?

Hello. I just tried the aux output ok SK02 with both windows and mac changing the PCM setting and 3 amplifiers, a BT20 PRO, a V3 and an audiolab 9000A and I didn't detect any noise. Although the noise has almost disappeared in the front input, have you tried changing the cable? As for the low volume, have you tried selecting the H below the gain?
The issue appears mainly when my hardware is at heavier usage, when playing a game for example, just browsing around my files and navigating the web is fine, but as soon as i launch a game, i hear an awful static sound coming from the SK02's AUX out to my speakers, i tried changing the cable from the AUX out to the amp, but it didn't have any effect, what really helped was to use the front 3.5mm jack instead, or another amplifier altogether, thus rendering the AUX out port useless, as it seemingly has no filtration from USB noise.
I'm yet to try at high gain, but it remains that it should've been a fixed volume port, or at least have the option to be one.

Have you tried to change the settings in windows or mac in the audio properties? Could it be a problem with the microphone?

Back