Banner Image

Amplifier Standalone power amplifier?

7.12_am

The title doesn't get my idea across. An amplifier without a knob. I am confused on how you would use the fosi audio V3 with a preamplifier when the V3 has a volume knob itself. It would be like most monoblocks found on large systems and i would see an advantage of having a single knob control up to 6 fosi amplifiers. Is what i am saying making sense? Is there a reason to have 2 volume knobs? How could you use a preamp on Fosi audio amplifiers?

The title doesn't get my idea across. An amplifier without a knob. I am confused on how you would use the fosi audio V3 with a preamplifier when the V3 has a volume knob itself. It would be like most monoblocks found on large systems and i would see an advantage of having a single knob control up to 6 fosi amplifiers. Is what i am saying making sense? Is there a reason to have 2 volume knobs? How could you use a preamp on Fosi audio amplifiers?
Greetings.
I have a P3+V3 combo. Usually, I roll it to maximum on the V3 and adjust everything on the P3. Sometimes I would lose the P3. Then it requires the V3 for volume control. I'm okay living with these knobs so far. But something like a default 100% output amp sounds so much fun if I didn't mistake your words.

The V3 isn't a power amp, but a very simple integrated. It can be used as a power amp when you turn up the volume all the way (or to some point where you want the maximum sound pressure level to be). Fosi is developing some monoblock power amps without volume control. Those will always need a separate pre-amp.

Not everyone drives her V3 with a P3 (or other preamp). A user might connect his DAC (without a volume knob) directly to his V3, in which case he'll certainly need the volume knob to control loudness.

Back