Banner Image

Amplifier V3 Monoblock with PFFB Implementation is Coming!

Fosi Audio Team

Administrator
Staff member
We know many of our fans are waiting for this monoblock! We'll post updates about this amazing amp in this thread.

Jan 25 Update:
Let's take a glance at some measurements first
PFFB technology was implemented and load Independence was achieved!
pffb.jpg

SINAD
sinad.jpg

March 21 Update:
1711018481818.png

April 1 Update:
The landing page of the V3 Mono is available! Pls check the details of this monoblock

April 2 Update:
The first review of the V3 Mono unlocked! Check the measurement by AudioScienceReview right away!

Last edited:
And what will the owners of the "old" V3 do?! There is information on how it is not expensive to upgrade to the existing V3, on the ASR forum. The most elegant solution is that you make one small PCB and we solder it nicely DIY?!!! Of course we will pay for that little beast!!!

And what will the owners of the "old" V3 do?! There is information on how it is not expensive to upgrade to the existing V3, on the ASR forum. The most elegant solution is that you make one small PCB and we solder it nicely DIY?!!! Of course we will pay for that little beast!!!
We'll first introduce the PFFB to the V3 mono. Then we'll work on introducing it to the V3 too.

I must admit to liking Fosi’s enthusiasm for new ideas, but I’m getting a little confused… on the Facebook page we have polls regarding a new Hypex core module, not sure about PFFB as it is based around the NC252 model And as far as i can tell this would be in the ‘Z‘ range as the amp board is a balanced design. PFFB will be reserved for the V3 Monoblock I think, which I think will be a proper one channel amp, two needed for stereo… however… what might surface in the words of Bubble from Ab Fab “who can tell”! 😊

Now we also need a great preamp to pair with these monoblocks!
That’s just what it was thinking! Not that the P3 isn’t fun, and it works great with the V3, but perhaps something with some serious specs maybe? I know lots of folk over at ASR (grimaces) abhor tubes, but it’s pretty well known that they make a perfect compliment to the often super sterile Class D sound… just saying 😎

PS. Funny thing is I just tried a £700 preamp with the V3 and it was, well, uninteresting really. Whereas the P3 doesn’t so much warm the sound as give that extra something that makes it really sing, in my system anyway - one wonders what the chemistry is for that? 🤔

Now we also need a great preamp to pair with these monoblocks!
Something like the Schiiit Freya + but with dedicated sub out (double) and a variable high pass filter. I can do without a passive preamp function, but the possibility of op amp rolling should be added. With op-amps + tubes you can tailor it to you needs and preferences. Class A would be great.

I participated in the post of V3 on the ASR forum. I am glad that the FOSI V3 can win the interest of many DIYER. I believe Mono will be a new start

Back